Conference Championship Picks

A trip to the Super Bowl is on the line today for the Packers, Seahawks, Colts and Patriots. Both should be great games and my picks for today's games are below.

Conference Championship Picks (Home team in CAPS)

SEATTLE over Green Bay (Sunday, 3:05 p.m. ET, FOX): This one is simple for me. If Aaron Rodgers were 100% healthy, I would seriously consider taking the Packers here because they have a great team. However, with Rodgers' calf injury, I just don't see them beating the Seahawks especially with the game in Seattle. Rodgers did play well last week against the Cowboys throwing for 316-yards and three touchdowns, but that wasn't against the best defense in the NFL. Seattle, once again, has the best defense in the league giving up just 267.1 yards per game during the regular season, 33-yards fewer than the Lions who were second in total defense. If Seattle were to win the Super Bowl again, you would have to put their defense in the conversation of best defenses of all-time. In my opinion, they would be right up there with the '85 Bears, '00 Ravens and '02 Buccaneers as the best defenses this league has ever seen. I think the score will be closer than the 36-16 win the Seahawks had against the Packers to kickoff the season back in September, but I expect the same result, a Seahawks win. Seahawks 24, Packers 17.

Aaron Rodgers will have to beat the Seahawks today, in Seattle, if he
wants to get to his second Super Bowl.
(Getty Images)
NEW ENGLAND over Indianapolis (Sunday, 6:40 p.m. ET, CBS): I give the Colts a lot of credit for getting this far and beating Peyton Manning along the way, but I think their run will end today. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are looking to go to their sixth Super Bowl together and I don't see the Colts stopping them. Indianapolis lost to New England 42-20, back in Week 11 and the Patriots ran for 246-yards in that game. Now, I don't expect them to run for that many yards again, but I do expect a similar outcome. Patriots 30, Colts 24.

Last Week: 3-1
Playoffs: 4-4
Overall: 186-77-1

Comments