NFL: Week 12 Thanksgiving Day Games

Football fans sure have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. With the NFL lockout this past off-season it looked at times like we might not have football at all. But fortunately the labor dispute was settled and football fans are reward with not only the NFL on Thanksgiving, but three really good games.

How's this for a Turkey Day lineup? The undefeated Green Bay Packers head to Detroit and take on the Lions, who are relevant for once on Thanksgiving. Then a Miami Dolphin team, winners of three straight, heads to Big D to take on a very hot Dallas team, who is in the middle of a fight with the Giants for the NFC East crown. Finally, to cap it all off Thanksgiving night, we get the Harbaugh brother's battling it out in Baltimore, as Jim's 49ers take on John's Ravens. Not too bad, thanks NFL.

Other than football and the Bengals being 6-4 with a rookie quarterback, I sure have a lot to be thankful this Thanksgiving. I may complain about life a lot, but I'm a pretty lucky 20 year old guy living in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I may not drive a Ferrari, but I sure love my '99 Chevy Prism and it gets me back and forth to UC every day. I don't have a job I love, or I high paying one for that matter, but I'm lucky to even have a job in these tough economic times. I don't have a boat load of money, I have lots of student loans, but at least I have to the opportunity to get a college education. I may not have a place of my own, but I'm lucky enough to have parents that still take care of me and will do anything for me, no matter what.

That's a lot to be thankful this Thanksgiving, but there is nothing that I'm more thankful for this year, than my family. From my friends, aunts, uncles, cousins, my brother, to my parents, they all love me for who I am and that's all a guy could ever ask for. My family isn't as close as it once was and there will be several people missing from our dinner table tomorrow, but I'm truly blessed to have such a wonderful family.

So, enjoy the time with your family or whoever your spending Thanksgiving with and sit back, relax, eat some turkey and pumpkin pie, crack open a cold one, and watch some football. I know that's what I'll be doing and don't be afraid to overeat, I usually do, but hey that's tradition.

Week 12 Thanksgiving Picks (Home team in CAPS)


Green Bay over DETROIT: Finally, the Lions are significant on Thanksgiving. There has been talk of taking away the Lions Thanksgiving Day game, but with their resurgence this season, those talks have stopped. This year the defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers come to the Motor City on Turkey day in hopes of keeping their undefeated season alive.

I think this is going to be a great game, high scoring more than likely with the fire power on offense, and there is no way I'm picking against Aaron Rodgers. I do think the Lions will give the Packers their biggest test of the season, but they are 10-0 and the defending champs for a reason. Packers win in a shootout by no more than a touchdown.

DALLAS over Miami: Tony Romo and the Cowboys come into Thanksgiving red hot since starting the season 2-3. They have won three straight and four of their last five, while outscoring their opponents 94-44 and forcing nine turnovers during the streak.

Miami is also playing well after starting the season 0-7, winners of three straight as well, due in large part by the play of QB Matt Moore. Moore has been a "Huge, huge difference-maker -- the reason we've been successful these past few games," said RB Reggie Bush, who has also played well during the streak. The Dolphins defense has also made a difference giving up just 6.7 points per game since November 6th and they have not surrendered a touchdown in 12 quarters.

Even with the Dolphins recent success, the Cowboys always play well on Thanksgiving -- 27-15-1 (.640) -- and no one may be hotter than QB Tony Romo right now. Dallas wins and stays atop the NFC East.

BALTIMORE over San Francisco: The Harbaugh Bowl or as its being dubbed the "HarBowl." Jim Harbaugh will take his 9-1 San Francisco 49ers into Baltimore against the 7-3 Ravens and his brother John. The 49ers can clinch the NFC West with a win and a Seattle loss on Sunday and we are just at Thanksgiving. Both teams are excellent on defense with the 49ers featuring the best run defense in the league, while the Ravens have the league's fourth best defense overall.
Jim, John Harbaugh
Brothers Jim and John Harbaugh will be battling
it out Thanksgiving night in Baltimore.
(Dave Reginek/Getty Images; Nick Wass/Associated Press)

Baltimore is undefeated at home, but San Francisco has yet to lose on the road. With it being a short week, the San Francisco 49ers traveling to the east coast, and Baltimore LB Ray Lewis returning to the middle of the defense, I like the Ravens and John Harbaugh to get the best of Jim and the 49ers.

Last Week: 8-6
Overall: 103-57

Comments

Post a Comment