Super Bowl

It's the Monday after the Super Bowl, which in my opinion should be a national holiday, and its rough getting going. I mean WHO doesn't watch the Super Bowl? "Who Are You?" Even if you don't like football, people still watch for the commercials or the halftime show. I thought The Who, did a great job, even though they looked really old, it still was a good show. But still almost every person in America was watching the Super Bowl last night and if I ever become President the first three things I would do as President would be:

1. Make the Monday after the Super Bowl a national holiday
2. Fix the BCS and institute a playoff system
3. Make a salery cap for Major League Baseball
4. And let Pete Rose back into baseball and put him in Cooperstown

Not really great politics, but I hate politics in general. So, in my opinion all politics are bad. I just love sports and after watching a game like the Super Bowl is hard to do anything else once its over. Football is a great sport, my favorite, and it may be taking a turn for the worst in 2011. Their is a possibility of a lockout between the league and the player's association because of, you guessed it, MONEY.

It is just amazing that a game is ultimately decided by money. Baseball is already a mess with no salary cap, so the teams with the money, New York, Boston, L.A., always have the better teams. The Cincinnati Reds will never be able to match them dollar for dollar and pretty soon the Bengals might be in the same situation. I love sports, I followed it like a religion and if theirs no football in 2011, I don't know what I will do. Football is starting to become like politics where no one agrees on anything and money is at the core of it all. The Super Bowl is the greatest game in the world and not having a Super Bowl is 2011 is un-American. Here's to hoping the NFL figures is all out and that they never let something like this ever happen again. They, "Won't Get Fooled Again."

Comments