Valentine's Day

Most people know that this Sunday is February 14th, one of the worst day of the year in my opinion. I have never been a fan of Valentine's Day, probably because I don't have a special someone to share it with. Which is fine, my time will come, but it really gets annoying when people talk about what they are doing, or where they are going. Just tell me and then let me get on with my day because I will sleep better at night knowing that everyone had a nice Valentine’s Day.


The only true love I have in my life right now would have to be sports. I live and breathe sports, in a good way. I hate this time of year because usually there are no good sports on. Yeah sure there’s the NBA, but I really don’t watch until the playoffs. College basketball doesn’t really get good until March, hence March Madness. Spring Training is starting where if you turn on the Reds game from Arizona, you will only recognize about 2 or 3 players actually playing in the game. Most of the better players pull a Brett Favre and don’t do a whole lot in spring training because they really don’t have to. That's why they are in the Major Leagues. The saddest part is football is over and won’t start again until August, but the draft is in April, so that helps some.
This year though is an Olympic Year, so that gives me something to watch on TV when I’m home not serving Big Boys at the Big F. Never be a server, it might look like fun, but is NOT. Trust me. This Valentine ’s Day for me will really be no different than any other. I will probably be watching the Olympics or the NBA All-Star Game, which is like watching a track meet and there is no defense whatsoever. At least there is something to watch on Sunday. I guess there's always homework, but that's never fun.

So, after all I will be spending my Valentine’s Day with my true love, sports, but hopefully my true love will watch sports with me on future Valentine’s Days. Here’s to hoping that everyone gets, “a box of the heart shaped antacids that have Hug Me written on them. Or the box of chocolate filled with the gamble chocolate. You never know what your piece will taste like, it could be good or totally nasty. Ah, I got the one filled with toothpaste.” Thanks for the laugh Jim Gaffigan because I sure need one.

Comments