C'mon Bengals

So, I'm sitting here at the Library at UC and am bored out of mind.So bored that I have to keep checking my pulse to see if I'm still alive. Anyway, I just finished taking a Psychology test that cover nothing that we went over in class. Don't you just hate when you study for a test, all the material you studied is not on the test. Just flat out sucks, but whatever. I started this blog, well because I can, but the real reason is because I have a lot of opinions about a wide variety of things, especially sports. I just want to see what people think and even though writing is not my forte, any bum can write a blog. If I can do it anyone can. I hope whoever reads this blog enjoys it and maybe even gets a laugh out of it.

As the Super Bowl XLIV (that's 44, for those of you who have no idea what Roman Numerals are) is approaching and every year I look forward to it, but it would be better if the Cincinnati Bengals were playing. I was born in December of 1990 and since that time the Bengals have gone to the playoff 2 times and have yet to win a playoff game in my lifetime. I am still young, but will the Bengals ever win a Super Bowl in my lifetime? It is so frustrating to watch a team that sucks year in and year out. Granted they made the playoffs this year, but they were struggling at the end of the season and played terrible against the Jets. That's right the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets. As the guys on ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown would say "C'mon Man." The Bengals are way better than the Jets and to play like they did against the Jets in back to back weeks is sickening.

The bottom line is the Bengals will never be good until Mike Brown, Owner, CEO, and Dictator of the Bengals dies, retires, or sells the team to someone else. That guy promised to put a winner on the field when Paul Brown was built and the Bengals have yet to win a playoff game since the stadium was built. If the Cardinals of last year or the Saints this year can make the big game, then the Bengals can too. Both were laughing stalks of the NFL and had losing seasons year in and year out. Sound familiar? Here are some comparisons between the Bengals and the Saints:

1. Both teams have a quarterback with the number 9
2. The Saints have Who-Dat, the Bengals have Who-Dey
3. Both teams have had fans come to games wearing a brown paper bags
4. The Saints were called the Aints and the Bengals have been called the Bungals
5. Both have, at some point, been the laughing stalk of the NFL

The only difference is the Saints have an owner that wants to win. So, here's the prayer that the Cincinnati Bengals will be good enough someday to win the Super Bowl. I just hope they do it before I die, or at least before I am so old I forget who the Bengals are. C'mon Mike Brown and C'mon Bengals. Enjoy and feel free to comment.

BTW, I like the Colts this weekend in the big game. I'm thinking a late field goal at the end to win it with Peyton Manning winning his second Super Bowl and his second Super Bowl MVP.

Comments