Bucket List: Things to do before I...ya know

Hard to believe that my first year of college is about to be over. Thank God. It has been quite an experience and it has turned out different than I thought. College is a lot different from high school and almost every day that goes by I miss my time at Moeller. As the saying goes, "You can't live in the past," well I sometimes wish I was still living in the past because life was better back in the day. I hate change and college is a big change from high school. My life forever changed once I entered college and so far it has not been that great. At least not as great as I thought it would be.

People always say that high school is the best time of your life. Wrong, high school was fun and I have great memories of my time at Moeller that I will never forget, but it was not the best time of my life. Then there are people that say that college is the best time of your life and it's better than high school. It has only been one year, but so far, I'm 0-2. It's like I am up to bat in a baseball game and not only did I get out both times, but both times at bat resulted in strikeouts swinging. Which is how most of my at-bats ended up when I played baseball as a kid, I struck out a lot. Not that great of an example I know but, gotta love a baseball analogy from a guy who loves the game.

I guess I need to give college more of a chance, still have at least 3 years left, hopefully no more than that though. Whatever I decided to major in, which is still up in the air and I'm so tired of people asking me about, I hope I make the right decision. If I make the wrong choice, my life may not turn out that I had hoped and I will never be able to complete my Bucket List.

My senior year at Moeller, my religion teacher Mr. Corder, had us make a Bucket List of the 100 things we wanted to do before we kick the bucket. Corder was a nice enough guy and some of his assignments were dumb, but this was by far the best thing we did in his class. My list is now at 107 and I have only completed 3 things. Which is not bad for only having the list for a year, but still 104 things to go. The reason that I need to make the right decision about what to major in is because in order to complete my Bucket List it is going to take a lot of money. I need a good and high paying job if I am to have any chance at finishing it. Working at the Big F is not my dream job and I sure as hell do not want to spend my whole life working at a place like that.

Nothing is easy in life; you can't even rely on the Reds of Bengals to win a game for you when you’re down. College is hard, work at the Big F is hard and I'm so underpaid there are no words to even describe it. Hopefully, I live to be 100 and complete everything on my list, but life is so unpredictable that only the man upstairs knows my true fate. I could complete everything on my list or, God forbid, I could drop dead tomorrow. I wish I had a time machine so I could go into the future and see how my life turns out, but that would spoil the surprise. I guess I will just have to be patience and wait and see. Patience is a virtue, not one that I'm a big fan of or for that matter good at.

At the end of this blog is my Bucket List and some of them are dumb, but it's my life and I get to chose what I do with it. I would have to say that my favorite ones, or the things I will do my hardest to "Git-R-Done" are #9, #11 (Like I can control either of those), #16, #38, #42, #52, #53-55 (which will probably never happen), #66, #76 (but win big), #89, #96 (working at The Big F is not enjoyable), #102-107, with special emphasis on the latter.

As Al Michaels so famously said about the 1980 U.S. Olympic Hockey Team, "Do you believe in Miracles? YES!" Anyone who spends his whole life rooting for the Reds and Bengals has to believe in miracles. If the Reds or Bengals win a championship in my lifetime it would sure be a miracle, but not as great than if I complete this list. Gotta have a little faith.

Adam Rusche's Bucket List (Bold = completed)

1. Make a difference in the world
2. Witness something majestic
3. Have a life changing experience
4. Have a great adventure
5. Go to a game during March Madness
6. Go to the National Championship of college football and basketball
7. See a game at every NFL Stadium
8. Attend the Super Bowl
9. See the Bengals win a Super Bowl before I die
10. Attend a game of the World Series
11. See the Reds win a World Series before I die
12. Catch a homerun ball
13. See a game at every MLB park
14. Attend the Olympics
15. Drive a Ferrari or any luxurious car for a day
16. Own a Ferrari
17. Drive a really fast car on the Autobahn in Germany
18. Visit a concentration camp in Europe and never forget it
19. Look out from the top of the Eifel Tower
20. Hear Big Ben in strike twelve in London
21. See the beaches of Normandy
22. Go to Rome and visit the Vatican and Coliseum
23. Ride a gondola in Venice
24. Get my picture taken next to the Pyramids in Egypt
25. Go on safari in Africa
26. Stare at amazement at the Alps
27. Visit the islands of Hawaii
28. Lay and stare into the ocean, with water you can see through, on a beautiful beach
29. See Pearl Harbor and visit the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial
30. Look out at the Grand Canyon
31. Gamble in Las Vegas (and leave with more than I came with)
32. See the space shuttle launch
33. Look out of the top of the Statue of Liberty
34. Look out at New York from the top of the Empire State Building
35. Watch the Knicks play at Madison Square Garden
36. Visit Ground Zero
37. Go to Walt Disney World
38. Grow a beard
39. Go up in a hot air balloon
40. Shake hands with the President
41. Go to Mt. Rushmore
42. See Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, Ron White, Bill Engvall, Robin Williams, or Jim Gaffigan live
43. Shake hands with a famous actor or actress
44. Visit Hollywood and see a movie or show taped live
45. Drive on the Pacific Coast Highway
46. Go skydiving
47. Be in an eating contest
48. See a Michigan vs. Ohio State football game
49. Own a dog
50. Go to a concert
51. Drive cross-country
52. Appear on a talk show (radio or TV)
53. Get married to the most beautiful girl in the world
54. Have kids (at least three)
55. Have my kids grow up and become just like me
56. Stay up all night
57. Fly in an airplane
58. Catch a really big fish on a boat
59. Live in the nicest house on the block
60. See the ball drop in Times Square on New Year’s Eve
61. Go scuba diving
62. Watch an NBA game live
63. Go to a NASCAR race (Daytona 500)
64. Walk on the Great Wall of China
65. Laugh until I cry
66. Earn a million dollars
67. Have a food fight
68. Spend the day at a spa
69. Experience zero gravity
70. Take time to watch the sunset
71. Visit Niagara Falls
72. Visit Yellowstone National Park and see Old Faithful
73. Swim with sharks
74. Witness the greatest game ever played
75. Invent something that will change the world
76. Win the lottery (at least enough to pay for the ticket I bought)
77. Own a cottage in Epworth Park
78. Witness an eclipse
79. Win a great prize or award
80. Go camping
81. Go on a helicopter ride
82. Go bungee jumping
83. Spend a day in the rainforest
84. Go tubing
85. Spend a day in the Windy City
86. Go across the Golden Gate Bridge
87. Ride on a really fast Roller Coaster
88. Go on a cruise
89. Graduate from college
90. Have a street named after me
91. Go to the Kentucky Derby
92. Send my parents on their dream vacation
93. Drive in my car all night
94. Invest in the stock market
95. Own something that is priceless
96. Enjoy my job
97. Go to the Indianapolis 500
98. Go on the greatest vacation imaginable
99. Live on my own
100. Go to an NHL game
101. Visit the Field of Dreams
102. Run a marathon
103. Have my 15 minutes of fame
104. Be Happy
105. Live a good life
106. Make a really large group of people laugh
107. Finish this Bucket List

And of course the Reds are still in first place; well they are tied for first, but good enough.

Comments