NFL: Week 11

Much like the Bengals season, my picks last week, stunk. After going 6-8, for the second time this season, my overall record now stands at 81-63. Which is not bad, but not the best in my household. Yea I know, a college guy still living at home, how sad. Give me a break, I'm saving money living at home and if it worked for Robert Barone on Everybody Loves Raymond, it can work for me. I just hope I'm not still living at home when I'm 40.

Anyway, the rest of my family picks games every week with me and whoever has the best record at the end of the season wins $20. Well, my picks have been so bad that my dad, who picks right before the games are about to start and does no research what so ever, now is in the lead at 84-60. "C'mon Man," really? I spend, God knows how long, deciding who to take in which game and writing this blog about who I think will win, and I still can't get the games right. No disrespect to my dad, bravo to him, but c'mon. The NFL has been so unpredictable this year and it's starting to cost me, but that's what's so great about the NFL. Any team can win on any day of the week. Except for the Bengals, who have lost six in a row, but seems like a lot more.

This week I see the Bengals finally pulling out a win, the first since Week 3 against Carolina, which was on September 26th. Has it really been that long? More on the Bengals in a minute, but first my Week 11 picks, that will boost me back into first place.

Week 11 Picks
Chicago over Miami: The Dolphins made the switch to Chad Pennington last week and he got hurt on the first series and is out for the year. Chad Henne came in and also managed to get hurt. Now the Dolphins turn to Tyler Thigpen. You know its bad when Miami has JaMarcus Russell come in for a try out. Jay Cutler may be turnover prone, but he's better than Thigpen. Bears win Thursday night.

Dallas over Detroit: The Cowboys looked like a totally different team last week with Jason Garrett at the helm and I think that the Cowboys could maybe finish the season at 8-8. It will not be easy, but it's no secret that this team has some of the best talent in the league. The Lions have been improving, but Dallas has the better players. Jason Garrett leads the Cowboys to their third win of the season.

Tennessee over Washington: After getting embarrassed on Monday Night Football by Michael Vick and the Eagles, the Redskins are looking to rebound and turn their season around. As for the Titans, I think that Randy Moss will be a larger factor this week and look for QB Vince Young to target him a lot. Redskins have a load of problems and Tennessee should win.

Kansas City over Arizona: The Chiefs got kicked around last week by Denver, but the Cardinals have lost four in a row and are tied for last place in the worst division in the NFL. Chiefs win.

Green Bay over Minnesota: Brett Favre and the Vikings are still alive statistically, but there season is pretty much over. It's pretty bad when players anonymously tell the media they hate their head coach and don't want to play for him. The Packers are still banged up, but the Vikings have too many distractions. Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews lead the Packers to victory against former Packer, Brett Favre and the Vikings.

NY Jets over Houston: It's hard to win when you have the worst pass defense in the league and Houston's 4-5 record is evidence of that. QB Matt Schaub spent a night in the hospital with a bursa sac injury in his right knee, but should play on Sunday. The Jets have needed overtime to win the last two weeks and they win another close one this week.

Pittsburgh over Oakland: Even though the Steelers have lost two of their last three, they still are one of the best teams in the NFL. The Raiders have surprised everyone at 5-4, but they have a very difficult schedule remaining. I hate the Steelers and I want them to lose every game, but theirs no way they lose two in a row.

Baltimore over Carolina: Baltimore will most likely make the playoffs and Carolina certainly will not. The Panthers are the worst team in football and will have Brain St. Pierre at quarterback. He has thrown only 5 passes in the NFL and was a stay-at-home dad a month ago. How he beat out backup Tony Pike is beyond me. Baltimore is one of the best teams in the NFL and the Ravens win easily.

Cleveland over Jacksonville: David Garrard led the Jaguars to a win last week with a Hail Mary pass to end the game, and believe it or not, Jacksonville is a playoff threat. I really like the way the Browns are playing and they let one slip away in overtime against the Jets. QB Colt McCoy and RB Peyton Hillis lead the Browns to an upset over the Jaguars.

San Francisco over Tampa Bay: The 49ers had a horrible start to the season, but at 3-6, they can still win the NFC West, which again shows just how strange and unusual this season has been. Tampa is 6-3, but have yet to beat a team with a winning record. 49ers stay alive for another week.

New Orleans over Seattle: The defending Super Bowl champs are quietly having a good season at 6-3. Odd that no one is talking about the defending champs, but it's true. The Saints will get RB Reggie Bush back this week, who has been out since breaking his leg in Week 2. Bush will be facing his former USC head coach, Pete Carroll and I wonder if USC will come up in their conversation. The Seahawks are a much better team when QB Matt Hasselbeck is under center, but it's hard to win in the Dome. Saints get a boost on offense with the return of Bush and beat Seattle.

Atlanta over St. Louis: Last week I thought the Falcons would be over matched by the Ravens, but once again I was wrong. The Falcons are the best team in the NFC, in my opinion, with the Eagles a close second. The Matt Ryan/Roddy White combination is the best in football and I see the Falcons cruising to victory in St. Louis.

New England over Indianapolis: Behind the Steelers, the Patriots are my second least favorite team and as much as I like Peyton Manning, I don't see him beating Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the Pats. If the game were in Indy, maybe, but too many injuries for the Colts. The Colts did not play that well last week against the Bengals and almost lost, while the Patriots destroyed the Steelers and Tom Brady made the Steelers defense look silly. Brady and Belichick beat Peyton and the Colts, but it should be a great game.

Philadelphia over NY Giants: One of the best games of the Week 11 and if Michael Vick plays like he did Monday, the Giants are in trouble. I was disappointed with the way the Giants played against Dallas and they can't play like that on Sunday. We will finally see which team is the best in the NFC East. I doubt Vick will duplicate his numbers from Monday, but he does enough to help the Eagles win.

San Diego over Denver: Despite their 4-5 record, I think everyone is waiting for the Chargers to go on a run and win the AFC West. They are only a game back of the Raiders and Chiefs and have four division games remaining. Expect QB's Philip Rivers and Kyle Orton to throw a lot, they are the top two passers in the NFL. A lot of points and yards will be put up in a Chargers win.

And...
Bengals over Buffalo: Is their a more meaningless game in the NFL this Sunday than Bengals v Bills? The teams are a combined 3-15, with the Bills winning their first game last week and the Bengals not having won since the end of September. Right now, it's a safe bet that both of these teams will have top ten draft picks. The Bengals haven't beaten Buffalo in I don't know how long, but they should win this Sunday. Because to quote Mo Egger, "This is a must win game."

I hope the Bengals play well and I want them to win and I think they can, but who knows. This year has been so disappointing, that myself and the rest of the fans, could probably care less if the Bengals win another football game this season. That's probably a good reason why the game failed to sell out, which resulted in the game being blacked out on local television. One of the stupidest rules in the NFL, but at least you can't get upset watching the Bengals play this week because, their not on T.V.

Here's to hoping my picks and the Bengals, get better in Week 11. Enjoy listening to the game on the radio, because more blackouts are to come I'm sure.

Comments