NFL: Week 14

Exams and school are finally over for 2010, thank God, and I can finally watch some television and stay up to date on what is going on in the world of sports. I usually would have posted by picks for the week before the first game, but I had an exam that I needed to study for and I guess school comes first.

But no more, not only will I continue to do my weekly NFL posts, but I have also started working on the 2010 "Holy Crap" Awards for the teams, performances and games that had everyone saying, "Holy Crap" in 2010. Something to look forward too, for the very few who read this, but anyway  here are the my Week 14 picks.

Week 14
Indianapolis over Tennessee: Have to trust me on this one, I took the Colts to win last night and what do you know, I was right.

Cleveland over Buffalo: A meaningless game, but I like the Browns because of Peyton Hillis. Not to mention it's winter and it usually snows in Buffalo, so expect the Browns to run Hillis a lot.

Green Bay over Detroit: Packers all day everyday over the Lions as, Rodgers and Jennings have big games.

NY Giants over Minnesota: The big question and all you will hear until Sunday is, will Brett Favre play or not? Even if he does, I like the Giants and the G-Men have knocked several quarterbacks out of the games this year, so Favre better think twice before deciding to play.

Tampa Bay over Washington: Redskins are not very good on and off the field, as they suspended the $100 million dollar man, DT Albert Haynesworth, for four games, for God knows why and their 5-7. So, Buccaneers win on the road.

Atlanta over Carolina: This is what you call a No Doubter.

Jacksonville over Oakland: I'm buying into the Jaguars and they beat the Raiders to stay in first place in the AFC South.

San Francisco over Seattle: The Seahawks may be tied for first in the division at 6-6, but like I have said all year, no one in the NFC West wins on the road. I'll take the 49ers.

New Orleans over St. Louis: The Saints are one of the hottest teams in the league and they should have no problems with the Rams.

NY Jets over Miami: After getting embarrassed on Monday night by the Patriots, there is no way that Rex Ryan and the Jets let that happen again.

Denver over Arizona: Both teams are a mess. The Broncos just fired their head coach, Josh McDaniels on Monday and the Cardinals have no answer quarterback. Probably why both teams are 3-9. Broncos have the better offense and win at, as Chris Berman likes to call it, "The Big Toaster."

San Diego over Kansas City: Chiefs QB Matt Cassel had an appendectomy this week and his status for this Sunday's game is uncertain. The Chargers are desperate for a win and I think they get it against division leader Kansas City.

New England over Chicago: In his last seven games, QB Tom Brady has thrown 17 TD and 0 INT. "Holy Crap." The Patriots are the best team in football in my opinion and they cemented that Monday Night after dismantling the Jets. The Bears are good, but Brady and the Pats are better.

Philadelphia over Dallas: No way that the Eagles let the Cowboys play spoiler and hurt their chances of making the playoffs. Michael Vick leads the Eagles to a victory Sunday Night in Big D.

Baltimore over Houston: Despite blowing the game against division rival Pittsburgh last week, the Ravens are still a very good team headed for the playoffs. The Texans on the other hand, are not headed to the playoffs.

And...
Bengals over Pittsburgh: Probably the dumbest pick of the year, but as a die hard Bengals fan, their is not a chance in Hell that I'm taking the Steelers this week. I wanted to throw the remote threw the television last week when the Steelers beat the Ravens. I've said it before and I will say it again, their is nothing in life that I hate more than the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I can't stand most of their players, they play dirty football, just look at how many times James Harrison has been fined and those fans with the "Terrible Towels," make me sick. The Bengals will most likely be beaten to a pulp, but maybe they will play a full 60 minutes and get win number 3 of the season. Still can't believe it's December and the Bengals only have 2 wins, my God.

For the first 20 years of my life, the Bengals, were, well...terrible. So, here's to hoping the Bengals are a lot better the next 20 years and no better way to start than beating the Pittsburgh Steelers. Who-Dey and let the "Draft Cam Newton" campaign begin.

This Week: 1-0
Last Week: 12-4
Overall: 118-75

Comments